Dodge House Membership
- Sustainer $75 – 2 guest passes
- Century $100 – 4 guest passes
- Donor Circle $250 – 8 guest passes
- Engineer $250 – 10 guest passes
- Lieutenant $500 – 15 guest passes
- General’s Brigade $1000 – 20 guest passes
- Golden Spike $1500 – 20 guest passes
All members receive unlimited visits to the Dodge House during regular hours of operation and a quarterly newsletter. Members also receive discounts to special events. The Christmas season begins with an invitation to the members only open house and tea. All members receive a 10% discount in the Gift Shop. We invite you to join us as a member and take advantage of this spectacular offer.
Memberships at $100.00 and above also include four complimentary
free-admission passes which may be gifted to any non-member.
With your help we can continue to help make our local community a great place to visit.
A Matching Gift will double your donation! If your employer has a matching gift program we can provide you with details on how to apply.
Preserving the Dodge House for future generations is made possible in large part through generous donations from
individuals such as yourself. There are a few ways to help if you would like to contribute to the house’s preservation and educational activities.
If you would like to make a monetary gift to the Dodge House, please mail a check payable to Historic General Dodge House to this address:
621 3rd St.
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
If your donation is being made on behalf of someone else, please give us the name and address of the individual and a personalized card will be sent to him or her.
The staff and volunteers at the Dodge House also appreciate donated office supplies. If you would like to donate office supplies or have any other questions regarding donations, please let us know by emailing us!
Volunteer at the Dodge House
The only Historic Landmark in Council Bluffs
We are currently accepting applications for several volunteer positions.
Tour guides – Do you love history, people and sharing your knowledge with groups? You would be a perfect tour guide!
Do you like puzzles, are you naturally curious about why events turned out the way they did? We’re always in search of people who like history and are interested in research and would like to assist with special events.
Contact Michelle or Tom at (712) 322-2406 about any of these volunteer opportunities
Interested in volunteering? We’d love to hear from you!
The General’s Ladies
Organized on May 27, 1972. The first meeting was on May 30, 1972, when the planning board organized the group.
- A Mission was created by local women whose wish was: To support and promote the Historic General Dodge House by conducting social, cultural, and fine arts at the house.
- Originally, the purpose of the group was to be responsible for various projects during the year.
- Membership in the General’s Ladies was open to any member of Friends of the Dodge House.
- The General’s Ladies’ first project was the Christmas Tea.
- Like-minded women of all ages who are dedicated to supporting the mission of the Dodge House
- Members include individuals who are retired, employed, and semi-retired. Current members reside in Pottawattamie and Mills Counties in Iowa. We invite and welcome women from Iowa and Nebraska
- The General’s Ladies work closely with the Historic General Dodge House Board of Trustees and Staff
- Annual Spring, Fall, and Members-Only Teas
- Annual Plant Sale
- Garden Walk
- Show and Tell Event with Christmas tree decorators
- Christmas decorating for “Christmas at the Dodge House”
- Organize and sponsor the Tree Decorators Event
- Contracted luncheons as requested by community groups/Dodge House guests
- Support Dodge House Events
- An opportunity to meet new people in Council Bluffs and surrounding communities
- Be a part of a social group with a mission
- Volunteer involvement in yearly Dodge House activities
- Celebrate the seasons in our Historic Mansion
- Learn more about General Dodge, the Dodge family and the history of Council Bluffs
- Volunteer perks: 20% discount in the gift shop, and free family tours
The mission of the General’s Ladies is to support the Historic General Dodge House through the efforts of volunteers and the raising of funds
If you are interested in becoming a member of the General’s Ladies, please call 712-322-2406.
If you are interested in having a private luncheon in the ballroom, please inquire. An event with your friends, family or social club is extra special when held at the Dodge House. Minimum 20 people; Maximum 60 people. Please inquire with the Dodge House office (712-322-2406) for more details.
Board of Trustees
The Dodge House Board of Trustees oversees all functions of this house-museum. They set policies and work with city and state entities. The current members on the Board of Trustees are: